BBCI Workshop 2012 - Call for Participation & Call for Poster Submissions
BBCI Workshop 2012 on Advances in Neurotechnology
September 17-19, Berlin, Germany
Official site: http://bbci12.ml.tu-berlin.de/
Submission Date: 2012-08-12
Notification of Acceptance: 2012-08-17
Workshop Date: 2012-09-17 - 2012-09-19
Bernstein Focus: Neurotechnology (BFNT-B)
Humboldt University Berlin (HU)
Berlin Institute of Technology (TUB)
Charité - University Medicine Berlin
Bernstein Center Computational Neuroscience Berlin (BCCN-B)
- Benjamin Blankertz (chair), Berlin Institute of Technology
- Ulrich Egert, University of Freiburg
- Siamac Fazli (poster co-chair), Berlin Institute of Technology
- Dario Farina, University of Göttingen
- Stefan Haufe (poster co-chair), Berlin Institute of Technology
- Klaus-Robert Müller (chair), Berlin Institute of Technology
- Susanne Schreiber (co-chair), Humboldt University Berlin
- Michael Tangermann (poster chair), Berlin Institute of Technology
- Jochen Triesch, University of Frankfurt
Matthias L. Jugel, BFNT-B/Industry
Imke Weitkamp, BFNT-B/Coordination
Different approaches to Brain-Computer Interfaces have been developed, each one with specific solutions that range from understanding and explaining cognitive functions over communicating with real and virtual environments by thought alone to real-time monitoring of cognitive states.
The Advances in Neurotechnology Workshop presents an overview, in-depth tutorials and discussions on the latest research at all levels of Neurotechnology and BCI research. What is presented will cover invasive recording, semi-invasive ECoG, non-invasive EEG, non-invasive NIRS and fMRI measurement and potential combinations of the different methods. Additional focus will be devoted to advances in data analysis.
The poster session following the tutorials will cross over into the BBCI barbecue, smoothing discussions with drinks and food.
Following the workshop there will be a summerschool on selected topics in BCI and neurotechnology from September 20th to 28th.
It has educational tutorials in the morning session (two tutorials of 2h each, held by internationally renowned researchers), and practical hand-ons sessions in the afternoon. The practical sessions are partly multi-track and will allow researchers in BCI/neurotechnology to complement their expertise in the interdisciplinary field.
Please send your posters (in PDF) or abstracts (max. 2 pages, PDF or plain text) to the poster chair Michael Tangermann<email@example.com>, no later than 2012-07-30.
Poster size should be a maximum of A0 (width x height: 841mm × 1189mm)
- Felix Biessmann, Berlin Institute of Technology
- Benjamin Blankertz, Berlin Institute of Technology
- Mark Cohen, UCLA
- Tom Eichele, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
- Dario Farina, BFNT Göttingen
- Rainer Goebel, University Maastricht
- John-Dylan Haynes, Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience
- Bo Hong, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
- Yukiyasu Kamitani, ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Kyoto
- Motoaki Kawanabe, ATR Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Kyoto
- Christof Koch, California Institute of Technology
- Andrea Kübler, Universität Würzburg
- Seong-Whan Lee, Dept. of Brain and Cognitive Engineering, Korea
- Donatella Mattia, Fondazione Santa Lucia, IRCCS, Italy
- José del R. Millán, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Klaus-Robert Müller, Berlin Institute of Technology
- Gernot Müller-Putz, TU Graz
- Gerwin Schalk, Wadsworth Center
Audimax der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Unter den Linden 6 /
Dorotheenstr. 17-19, Berlin, Germany
Business: 300 EUR
Standard: 250 EUR
* Early Registration Discount (until 2012-08-19)
Academic : 200 EUR
Bernstein: 100 EUR
Students : 50 EUR
The workshop is supported by the Bernstein Focus: Neurotechnology Berlin.